Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Site We're almost ready Error

I was able to fix my issue by manually editing the users SharePoint profile. Log in as an Administrator of Office 365 and navigate to  centralAdmin > manage services > User Profiles.

in user profile click on Manage user profile

Search for the user that is having the issue. To the right of the "Account Name" a down arrow will appear when you hover over the space between the users account name and preferred name.  Select that down arrow and select "Edit My Profile".  In my case, the field "Personal Site:" was filled with some error so I changed it to follow suit of the other working accounts.  i.e. "/personal/kevin_hayashi_domain_com/".  (Be sure to follow look at other working accounts to ensure you have the right path).  At this point, I was able to see the users "My Site" but Newsfeed was still showing "We're almost ready!". 

 After a little more research, I changed the field "Personal Site Capabilities:" to 14 from 0 and rechecked the site.  Newsfeed, SkyDrive, and Sites were all showing up at this point.

6 comments:

  1. I am having the same issue. May I have your email address, I would like to discuss my issue in detail.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I have spent several days checking and rechecking the UPS setup. This fixed my issue instantly. Is there a way to mass change this for everyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan and Jesse,
      Below is change you need to done in user profile, so it will work for all users.

      After a little more research, I changed the field "Personal Site Capabilities:" to 14 from 0 and rechecked the site. Newsfeed, SkyDrive, and Sites were all showing up at this point.

      Delete